The deal will include many ad-supported YouTube channels with professional content from Disney. This content is to include various teasers and recaps for popular ABC programs.
By the middle of next month, YouTube will unveil site redesign that is expected to highlight its quality programming and movies. What will the new interface look like?
The current homepage tabs “videos,” “channels,” and “community” will be changed to tabs for “shows,” “movies,” “music,” and “videos.”
The first three tabs will show premium programs, video clips, and feature films from Google‘s network and studio partners, which will all be monetized via in-stream ads.
The “videos” channel, on the other hand, will showcase amateur content.
Such a deal could leave YouTube hanging, so we’ll have to wait and see.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Disney inks deal with YouTube (lostremote.com)
- Disney, YouTube Announce Clips Deal For ESPN, Disney/ABC (paidcontent.org)
- YouTube/Disney Deal: Clips & In-Stream Ads (marketingpilgrim.com)
- Disney in Talks with YouTube (appscout.com)
- Hulu May Get Lost And Grey’s Anatomy (cinemablend.com)
- Could Disney Join Hulu? Sources Say Talks Are Serious (Staci D. Kramer/paidContent.org) (techmeme.com)
- ABC/Disney Considering Hulu (entertainment.slashdot.org)