Be careful of that chair you are sitting on. It just might kill you.
A 14-year-old boy in China was killed when the chair on which he was sitting exploded. The chair in question was an office-type chair with a gas cylinder that helps to adjust the height of the seat.
For whatever reason, the cylinder blew up and sent metal shards into the boy’s rectum.
There was a similar instance in China back in 2007. The 68-year-old man survived that chair attack, however.
I think I’ll stick with those Swedish chairs from IKEA, thank you very much.
Related articles by Zemanta
- That chair you are sitting on … it could kill you (inquisitr.com)
- Chinese boy killed when height adjusting mechanism in chair explodes (crunchgear.com)