A customer cooking methamphetamine inside a soda bottle in her purse caused a WalMart in St. Louis to be evacuated last night.
The woman was caught shoplifting an item unrelated to meth when store security found the 20-ounce bottle, said St. Louis County police Lt. Mark Cox.
The store was evacuated at about 6:15 p.m. local time, due to the possible dangers of the chemical concoction.
“It had the potential to be flammable or blow up at any time,” Cox said. He described the initial situation inside the store as being “volatile.”
Fortunately, no one was injured and no other harmful substances or fumes were discovered inside the store.
The trend of cooking small amounts of meth for personal use seems to be on the rise, but Cox said this was one of the first times locally that a “one-pot” batch has been discovered in a public setting.
“There are lots of one-pot cooks,” Cox said. “But taking it into Walmart is very unusual.”
More in the video below.