Axel Sanz-Claus, a tourist, was absolutely thrilled with his trip to the Big Apple…until his dinner on Friday night. He ordered a steak from the Bull and Bear Steak House at the famous Waldorf-Astoria.
“I had it in my mouth, chewed it and nearly swallowed it,” Sanz-Claus said. “This is so disgusting, I’ve felt sick ever since.”
Once he realized what had happened, he rinsed out his mouth with brandy then went to the bathroom to vomit. The hotel proceeded to call an ambulance for him. He says that the physician at the E.R. sliced the object in two and then confirmed that it was, in fact, a used tampon. Sanz-Claus was then tested for hepatitis at the hospital and was told he should be tested for AIDS in about two months.
The Waldorf-Astoria has released the following statement:
“We are conducting an internal investigation, but have reason to believe that the circumstances surrounding this incident are highly suspicious. At this time we are not at liberty to provide any additional details.”