>>> We've Moved - Blippitt is now Viral Video Box <<<

Tiger Woods on Monday afternoon decided to pull out of his own golf tournament, explaining that the injuries he sustained in his weekend SUV crash would keep him from participating.  Woods will not compete again until 2010.

Woods issued a statement on his website saying that his injuries would prevent him from playing in the Chevron World Challenge.

Keep abreast of the facts with our Tiger Woods Mistress Tracker

Initially, he had been slated to hold a press conference on Tuesday for the tournament, one that he hosts annually for a small, invite-only, field.

Advertisement

“I am extremely disappointed that I will not be at my tournament this week,” Woods said. “I am certain it will be an outstanding event and I’m very sorry that I can’t be there.”

“We support Tiger’s decision and are confident the strong field and excellent course will provide an exciting week of competition at the Chevron World Challenge,” said Greg McLaughlin, Tiger Woods Foundation President & CEO

Once again, Tiger has found a way to escape from the media, who is looking for answers.

Woods, however, is even beginning to come under scrutiny from his fans, who have been commenting on his site. While many support him, some are saying he should come forward and address the questions about his actions and those of his wife, Elin Nordegren, before and after his weekend SUV accident.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

>>> Love viral videos? Check out our new site...Viral Video Box <<<