Reports indicate that the Florida Department of Children and Families visited Tiger Woods‘ home on Saturday, accompanied by deputies from the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.
Details of the meeting are being kept secret, but this would be consistent with the reports that there was a domestic dispute leading up to Woods’ SUV crash during Thanksgiving weekend.
Follow the whole story here: Tiger Woods Affair
Those reports indicate that wife Elin Nordegren may have beaten the tar out of Tiger Woods and smashed out the windows of his SUV with a golf club prior to the crash.
The presence of DCF at the Woods household now adds some credibility to those stories as it is standard operating procedure for them to do an investigation after a suspected domestic violence incident.
DCF investigators would want to evaluate the safety of the children in a home after a domestic violence occurrence.
Tiger had the luxury of declining to talk with police after the incident (several times, in fact), but declining to speak with DCF is generally considered to be ill-advised as the consequences could be severe.
Officials were allegedly in the Woods’ home for about an hour. The results of that discussion are not yet known.
Elin and Tiger are parents to a daughter Sam, 2, and son Charlie, 10 months.
On Friday, Tiger Woods announced that he would be taking an “indefinite” break from professional golf in the wake of the scandal.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Elin Nordegren Devastated but Staying with Tiger Woods (blippitt.com)
- Tiger Woods & Family Fleeing To Sweden? (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- holy crap! tiger woods just quit golf! (ithinkheblogs.com)
- Woods takes ‘indefinite break’ from golf (cbc.ca)
- Nicklaus Wants to Respect Woods’ Privacy (abcnews.go.com)
- Tiger Woods timeline: how his world went into meltdown (telegraph.co.uk)