And so the saga draws to a close.
The Tiger Woods – Elin Nordegren is ready to be finalized. The papers have been signed and Elin is set to file for divorce with the Orlando County Court. She expects to do so within the next seven days.
Get this – Elin’s settlement is being estimated at about $750 million, so long as she keeps her mouth shut about all of Tiger’s women. This would make it the largest celebrity divorce settlement of all time.
According to the agreement, Tiger may not bring any other women around their kids, Elin must never speak publicly about his various mistresses, and she also gets full custody of the children but they will share legal custody.
Tiger Woods will be involved in all decisions regarding his children and that also means that Elin won’t be able to pick up and move them to her native Sweden anytime in the near future.
Of course, the biggest of those conditions for Tiger was that Elin has to keep quiet about the whole mess.
One of Tiger’s friends says: “Tiger’s main fear is her telling her story after he’s rebuilt his reputation, sending him back to the gutter. The price of that sum is her silence.”
“Complete confidentiality. No interviews, tell-all books, or TV appearances about this for the rest of her life – even if Tiger dies first – or she’ll lose the lot.”
Media reports would indicate that Elin ended up getting more than twice the amount she originally went for after her lawyers determined that Tiger is worth more than $1 billion.
Her friend explained: “Elin’s legal team have done a great job digging up all sorts of assets.”
Some other housekeeping items from the agreement:
- Elin keeps the couple’s primary home in Windermere, Florida, a jointly owned property nearby, and an apartment island farmhouse in Sweden.
- Tiger keeps his Jupiter Island, Florida estate and an L.A. apartment.
- Tiger will also have the right to renegotiate the custody agreement in five years.
I’m sure all parties involved are glad this train wreck is finally almost over.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Elin Gets A Massive $750 Million Settlement! (perezhilton.com)
- Report: Details set in Tiger Woods-Elin Nordegren divorce (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Elin $750M Payout (foxnews.com)