Electric-car company Tesla introduced us to its newest model earlier today in Southern California.
The Tesla Model S sedan has been designed to be one of the more affordable vehicles in the Tesla Motors lineup. The ticket price is a mere $50,000. Compared to the Tesla Roadster, which check in at over $100,000, the Tesla Model S is a bargain. The car should hit the market in 2011.
A few highlights:
- The car features 3G connectivity along with a computer and 17-inch monitor in the center console.
- The car has three different removable battery packs. Each one will carry you a different distance. There is a 160-mile version and a 300-mile version. A partial charge of the battery could take just 45 minutes.
- The Tesla Model S will seats five adults with 2 rear-facing seats in the back.
Here are a few photos to whet your appetite a little more:
Related articles by Zemanta
- Tesla Model S: First Official Teaser Photo, $350 Million DoE Loan (treehugger.com)
- Tesla Roadster (hybridcars.com)
- Schwarzenegger Wants to Terminate His Tesla Roadster (gawker.com)
- Live Unveiling Of The Tesla Model S Sedan (techcrunch.com)
- Tesla Motors to show off electric sedan next month (news.cnet.com)
- Elon Musk’s Electric-Car Fantasy [Tesla Motors] (valleywag.gawker.com)