>>> We've Moved - Blippitt is now Viral Video Box <<<
This Saturday, September 19th, is international Talk Like a Pirate Day.
This weird holiday was created by John Baur and Mark Summers (pictured above), two friends from Oregon who began trash-talking each other while playing racquet ball in a pirate’s dialect.
September 19th got nominated as the day as it was formerly the date of Mark Summer’s wedding anniversary. It happened to be a date he wasn’t celebrating anymore so he knew he would remember it.
So how can you celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day?
Well, for starters, LucasArts is cutting the price of the Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition on Steam and Direct2Drive to $5, as well as slicing the iPhone version’s price to $4. That offer is available right now through September 21st.
You can also turn ANY website into Pirate-speak by using the piratize bookmarklet – just try it right now. You can just reload this page to turn it off.
Now, go walk the plank, matey, and enjoy Talk Like a Pirate Day….arrrr!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Get Tales of Monkey Island Free On Talk Like a Pirate Day [Free Stuff] (kotaku.com)
- Celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day with free and cheap Monkey Island games (joystiq.com)
- Monkey Island: SE price slashed in honor of Pirate Day (destructoid.com)
- Yarr! Celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day with free copy of Monkey Island (inquisitr.com)
- LucasArts releases entire Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection on Steam for $20! (geardiary.com)
>>> Love viral videos? Check out our new site...Viral Video Box <<<