Thanks to a popular YouTube user (are you listening RWJ?), I’m now totally hooked on QWOP. In case, you’ve never heard of it, QWOP is a ragdoll-based Flash running game by Benzido, developer of Too Many Ninjas and Top Spinner.
It is also thought to be one of the hardest games to master on the internet today.
The game is named for the keys used to control the runner, “Q”, “W”, “O”, and “P”. “Q” and “W” control your runners thighs while “O” and “P” control your runners calf muscles.
Having failed miserably at my first dozen or so attempts at making QWOP “run”, I seem to have finally figured out a few QWOP tips to share with those of you struggling to master our gelatinous friend.
- When starting out, tap the “O” button to give QWOP a bit of forward momentum
- Once you’re leaning forward a bit, start alternating between pressing “Q”+”P” and “W”+”O”
- Always remember to try and keep QWOP leaning forward slightly
- If you start to tip, pressing the “O” button gently at times can get you straight again
- Don’t forget to jump the hurdle at the 50m mark – or just smash through it
Don’t worry if it takes a while to get the hang of QWOP. It took me a few hours just to hit the 20m mark.
If you get stuck, check out the video below for some encouragement. Oh, and there’s an iPhone version coming out soon too, so keep an eye out for that. Now QWOP away!
Got any killer QWOP tips? Let us know in the comments below.