Horrified spectators looked on as Michael Marin, a millionaire who had just been convicted of burning down his $3.5 million mansion, collapsed and died before their very eyes.
Marin, 53, was convicted of arson in Maricopa County Superior Court. He appeared stunned and held his head in his hands as the verdict was read aloud before appearing to put something in his mouth.
After washing it down with liquid from a water bottle, moments later he fell to the floor in convulsions.
The father of four was taken to a hospital in Phoenix where he was pronounced dead.
Did he ingest potassium cyanide? Toxicology tests have been ordered.
Check out the bizarre incident below. Skip ahead to about the 8:00 mark to see him collapse.
- Man dies after being convicted in Ariz. arson case (miamiherald.com)
- Court ‘suicide’ horror: Watch the moment convicted millionaire arsonist appears to poison himself after being found guilty – Video (mirror.co.uk)
- Shocking moment a ruined millionaire collapsed and DIED in court after ‘taking pill’ as he was found guilty of torching his $3million home (investmentwatchblog.com)