A WalMart customer is recovering after being bitten by a rattlesnake as he was shopping in the garden department of the popular store chain.
Mica Craig said the reptile pounced at him as he was shopping at the store in Washington state.
“I shook my hand twice before it let go,” Craig said.
The 47-year-old stamped on the rattlesnake and was later treated at hospital with six bags anti-venom, after his hand suffered serious swelling.
WalMart has apologized, saying that it is investigating how the snake had entered the store in Clarkston.
Kayla Whaling, a spokeswoman for the chain, said: “At this point, it appears to be an isolated incident.
“We are working with a pest management team, which is conducting a sweep of the property to ensure there is no additional rattlesnake activity.”
Another customer said the rattlesnake was at least a foot long with four rattles.
Craig said the serpent attacked him as he reached down to brush away what he thought was a stick from a bag of mulch.
The purchase was going to be used for his marijuana plants, which Craig said he had a license to grow for medical reasons.
More in the video below.