** If you missed LOST last night and haven’t had a chance to catch up on your DVR or TiVO, be warned — the mother of all spoilers is below! **
IT’S FINALLY HERE: LOST: The Complete Collection
The wait may be over for those LOST fans who have patiently been waiting for some answers. We now pretty much know what the whole show is about.
Check out the new LOST theme song
Two of the shows biggest questions were answered by SmokeLocke last night.
1. Why are the six main characters on the island?
They were each hand-picked by Jacob as being worthy of replacing him as “guardian” of the island. According to SmokeLocke, however, there is nothing from which the island needs guarding. Yep, everything is A-OK, folks. Nothing more to see here. Don’t believe that for a second.
The “inside joke” where evil SmokeLocke tosses the white stone into the ocean was kind of amusing too, for those who have been following this show for a while.
2. What’s the deal with those numbers (4-8-15-16-23-42)?
Each of the mythical LOST numbers represents one of the chosen six who may replace Jacob as the protector of the island.
- #4: John Locke, claimed by Jacob after taking a dive out the window
- #8: Hugo “Hurley” Reyes, claimed by Jacob in the backseat of a car
- #15: James “Sawyer” Ford, claimed by Jacob at his father’s funeral
- #16: Sayid Jarrah, claimed by Jacob right before Nadia got smacked by a car
- #23: Jack Shepard, claimed by Jacob at a vending machine (glamorous no?)
- #42: “Kwon,” claimed by Jacob at their wedding (which one? Sun or Jin?)
So now two of the biggest mysteries surrounding LOST have been revealed. It’s a bit surprising that Kate wasn’t on “the list” but maybe her sole purpose was to raise Aaron.
It will be interesting to see how the rest of this final season plays out, and hopefully we’ll learn just what this island actually is.
Only a few weeks left, folks!
More news on our LOST page
Related articles by Zemanta
- LOST Season 6 Theories and Speculation (blippitt.com)
- Lost Valentine’s Day Cards For All You Romantics (nymag.com)
- Who is Sayid? (dcrblogs.com)
- Lost: Why isn’t Shannon on the plane? (slate.com)