The magazine hasn’t even hit newsstands yet and already Jessica Simpson is taking action.
The singer has taken legal action against the December 28th issue of Star Magazine for running a story linking her romantically to Tiger Woods.
Woods has been hit with several claims that he was unfaithful to Elin Nordegren after a long line of alleged mistresses came forward with stories of flings with the golf superstar.
Simpson sang the National Anthem at a golf tournament where Tiger teamed up with her then-boyfriend Tony Romo. The magazine reported that the pair had exchanged contact info.
Simpson is beside herself about the accusations and her rep has called the claims “ridiculous.” Her legal team is already taking action to discredit the mag’s allegations.
Simpson’s publicist says:
“Literally the only thing that’s true in the story is the fact that they met. It was a quick meeting, and they posed for a photo together – that was it. Jessica’s lawyer is sending them (Star magazine) a letter this afternoon.”
Related articles by Zemanta
- OMG! Fling Between Tiger Woods, Jessica Simpson May Have Led to Romo Breakup (blippitt.com)
- Tiger Woods Wife Outrun Game: LOL (blippitt.com)
- Tiger Woods Is Your Athlete of the Decade (blippitt.com)
- `Ringless’ Elin ready to ditch Tiger? (thestar.com)
- Does Tiger Woods’ Past Explain His Present? (abcnews.go.com)