Kiefer Sutherland’s 24 contract is about to run out, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that Jack Bauer won’t be around for another season…or does it? Sutherland said yesterday that he is “absolutely open” to doing a ninth season if fans demand it.
“I’ve always said that as long as people wanted us to make it , and people were really interested in watching it, I would be interested,” he said. “There are a lot of components involved. Right now my focus is on finishing season 8.”
Fox bigwig Kevin Reilly expects formal discussions on Day 9 to take place in February.
“Collectively, we just made a decision to launch the season [first] and then sit down in the next four to six weeks,” he says. “But my sense is Kiefer will want to keep it going.”
While we all await answers as to the future of the series, 24 executive producer Howard Gordon is moving on with penning an ending for season 8.
“The way I’ve looked at it is that every single season [finale] could have been a series ender,” he says. “We just want to take it across the line credibly and then let the [other part] take care of itself. As long as Jack’s not dead, anything is possible.”
More 24 news here.
Related articles by Zemanta
- New Promo Trailer for Season 8 of “24″ on Fox (blippitt.com)
- Kiefer Sutherland is America’s highest paid TV actor (inquisitr.com)
- Freddie Prinze Jr. joins the cast of 24 (tvsquad.com)
- Videos: 24 Cast Talks About Season 8 (cinemablend.com)
- The Biggest Earner On TV! Kiefer Making The Big Bucks, But For How Long? (perezhilton.com)