Teflon against natural melting
There is no treatment on iron casseroles natural, no chemicals, no toxic. Now we know that Teflon particles are carcinogenic (or at least strongly suspected), especially if you have Teflon pans striped do not keep them! The undeniable advantage of the natural melting is that it does not scratch and you can even use metal cookware in it with no problems (knife / fork admitted).
Ceramic, stainless steel and tinned copper
Health ceramic – nothing to say, no migration of questionable products. By cons it will wear out faster than the cast iron skillet (but slower than the Teflon-coated pan) and if you use it very often it will begin to be sticky. With the natural melting food attaches when the iron is too hot, it quickly catches the blow for perfect cooking (I always cook with a light olive oil background anyway).
The best advantage of the ceramic cookware is lightweight, but less durable so. For stainless steel, no worries, too, is as healthy material.
For tinned copper pans, tin tends to keep shape for such a long time, no shot in range! In the long run it can be expensive, it’s really for the traditional cuisine. Cast iron has the same qualities as copper; it is an excellent conductor of heat.
You’ll understand that I have a weakness for natural iron for durability. But the ceramic and stainless allow healthy cooking. Ceramic and stainless steel can save your time by being put in the washing machine (unlike cast iron) and will be lighter.
Natural melting cookware
I took the time to slowly rebuild my cookware to no longer have that product in natural cast iron or stainless steel. I have a nice sized pot, a large stove, a pan and a griddle. There are of course other elements: wok, frying blinis, pan grill, waffle … There’s plenty to do!
All cookware natural cast are very simple maintenance: hot water and a brush! That’s all, no detergent in the pans. Skeppshult brand products are guaranteed 25 years is a sustainable investment, which is credible to buy.
Also the cookware natural melting adapts to all types of fire (gas, electric, and induction, ceramic) and it’s really convenient (when we moved often and you do not necessarily choose in the type of cooking).
The only downside I see for this type of product is to wear them with both hands (there are handles made on purpose), it is much heavier than a conventional stove but personally it does not mind me. I prefer sustainable than weak and it makes my arm have more muscles.
Read more about ceramic cookware benefits and how to care
The ceramic nonstick pan is becoming more and more popular in our kitchens as an alternative to conventional non-stick pans. Their use and maintenance, however, require a number of precautions. Here are our tips that also apply to other coating ceramic cookware: ceramic pan, ceramic griddle, grill ceramic, ceramic wok, ceramic pan.
To prevent overheating of your ceramic cookware
The ceramic is an excellent conductor of heat, it is recommended to halve the heat output compared to your old ones. You will thus save energy while preserving coating your new cookware and avoid overheating.
Before first use of the ceramic cookware
• Remove any labels of your ceramic cookware if necessary. If there are traces of glue, they will be easily removed with vegetable oil.
• Clean your ceramic cookware with hot soapy water.
• Prepare your brick oven by applying a small amount of vegetable oil and rub with paper towels.
Advice, tips and tricks for using your ceramic cookware
• Never leave your ceramic cookware dried up.
• Always allow your ceramic cookware cooling down before immersing in water. Otherwise it will cause thermal shock that could alter the surface.
• If you want to make a glaze of juices with your ceramic cookware, possible use hot water.
Read more tricks and tips to maintaining your ceramic cookware
• Although having a non-stick coating, do not hesitate to lubricate it occasionally with a little oil. (3 to 4 times a year depending on the frequency of use)
• Never use brushes or metal sponges for cleaning.
• Ceramic cookware may be washed by hand. If however you wish, it can also go in the dishwasher. In this case, do not hesitate to re-grease ceramic cookware after each pass.