The world’s smallest man, He Pingping, has died in Italy, where he was set to participate in a TV show, according to the program’s production company.
Pingping stood just 2 feet, 5.37 inches (74.6 centimeters) tall and was a famous figure throughout the world. He had taken part in TV programs, photo shoots and many other events, said Guinness World Records.
Guinness World Records editor-in-chief Craig Glenday says he was “an inspiration to anyone considered different or unusual” and “showed us that, despite the challenges we face, we can still make the most out of life.”
The TV production company Europroduzione says he died on Saturday.
Pingping was born in 1988 with a rare form of primordial dwarfism.
He had been admitted to a hospital on March 3 after he had become sick while rehearsing on the set of the Italian program The Record Show.
He was later transferred to the ICU where it was determined that he had a heart condition and high cholesterol, although the official cause of death has yet to be released.
Pingping’s body will be flown back to his native China as soon as the necessary paperwork has been completed.
More here: Guinness Book of World Records
Related articles by Zemanta
- Donna Simpson Wants to Become World’s Fattest Woman (blippitt.com)
- He Pingping, World’s Shortest Man, Dead At 21 (huffingtonpost.com)
- The World’s Smallest Man Has Died (dlisted.com)
- World’s shortest man dies at age 21 (today.msnbc.msn.com)
- World’s Shortest Man, He Pingping, Dies in Italy (abcnews.go.com)