As of today, current GrandCentral customers will be the first ones selected to test the brand-new Google Voice service. Lucky bastards.
Previously, you could have all of your voicemail messages e-mailed to you as audio files and then play them right in your web browser.
Now, Google will even transcribe the audio message for you!
Other new Google Voice features:
- Send, receive, and store SMS
- Call US numbers for free
- Low-cost international calls
- Conference calling
The service is currently available to U.S. residents and will initially roll-out to existing GrandCentral users.
Related articles by Zemanta
- GrandCentral to finally get up and do something! (techburgh.com)
- Grandcentral Reborn as Google Voice Suite of VoIP Services (gigaom.com)
- Google Voice: A push to rewire your phone service (news.cnet.com)