Google has finally announced Google Ventures, a venture capital fund that will “seek to discover and grow great companies” in a “broad range of industries, including consumer Internet, software, hardware, clean-tech, bio-tech and health care.”
At this point, actual dollar figures aren’t being revealed, but the official FAQ states that the fund can “invest amounts ranging from seed funding to tens of millions of dollars” and they’ll invest in just about any type of startup.
In a nutshell, Google is ready to spend money if the right opporunity arises.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Google Ventures Opens For Business, Investment Scope Covers Just About Anything. (techcrunch.com)
- Google Ventures To Invest in Start-Ups (appscout.com)
- Google is now a VC (inquisitr.com)
- Google officially announces a brand new VC fund: Google Ventures (thenextweb.com)
- Google’s newest venture (googleblog.blogspot.com)
- Google’s Venture Capital Fund (blogoscoped.com)
- Rich Miner, New Manager of Google Ventures, Calls New England “A Fertile Ecosystem…A Great Place to Be” (xconomy.com)