>>> We've Moved - Blippitt is now Viral Video Box <<<
GoDaddy CEO Bob Parsons just bagged an elephant. A video of Parsons shooting an elephant in Zimbabwe is currently going viral on the web and, as you might expect, he’s taking some heat for it.
Of course, PETA has chimed in by closing its account with GoDaddy, and they’re asking others to do the same.
Parsons, a Vietnam vet known for love of attention, did sort of bring this backlash upon himself by uploading the video to his own blog.
The video shows the damage these “problem elephants” can cause by trampling a farmer’s sorghum field. Parsons and his bunch of hunters then wait for the elephants to return and he shoots and kills one.
Dozens of villagers then come along to pick at elephant’s meat.
NameCheap is already trying to take advantage of the media circus. They’re now offering a transfer from GoDaddy to Namecheap.com for $4.99 with 20 percent of the proceeds going to SaveTheElephants.com.
GoDaddy has yet to address the issue directly.
Check out the video below. Do you think Bob Parson and/or GoDaddy should face criticism from the media over this elephant-shooting incident?
- This Is All Kinds Of Wrong of the Day: Bob Parsons’ Elephant Problem (thedailywh.at)
- How to damage your brand in one smooth shot – Way to GoDaddy (jacquesmattheij.com)
- GoDaddy CEO Bob Parsons boasts killing an elephant, leopard on vacation video (geek.com)
- Boycott GoDaddy.com and Its Elephant-Killing CEO! (acyydreign.wordpress.com)
- GoDaddy CEO kills elephant, videotapes act (msnbc.msn.com)
- The Elephant Hunt Video That Outraged the Internet (ecocentric.blogs.time.com)
>>> Love viral videos? Check out our new site...Viral Video Box <<<