Is the Facebook TOS debacle finally behind us? Let’s hope so.
From the official Facebook blog:
So, what is next? Assuming the auditors confirm the preliminary vote result in favor of the proposed documents, we’ll be adopting the Principles and Statement of Rights and Responsibilities as the governing documents for the Facebook site. We’re pleased that users supported the proposed documents and validated our efforts to respond to their concerns. You can expect to see the new documents on the site in the coming weeks. After that, all future proposed changes to the Principles and Statement of Rights and Responsibilities will be subject to the notice, comment and voting provisions of the documents.
So there you have it. Tada! Crisis averted. They all lived happily ever after. Or is it?
Did Facebook do everything it needed to do to abate this P.R. disaster? What do you think?
Related articles by Zemanta
- Facebook TOS Voting Concludes, Users Vote for New Revised Documents (insidefacebook.com)
- Facebook Governance Results: Well Under 1 Million Votes (allfacebook.com)
- Facebook Site Governance Vote Begins – Proposed Terms Out to Early 71% – 29% Lead (insidefacebook.com)
- Facebook Announces First-Ever User Vote on Terms of Service Changes (insidefacebook.com)
- Update on Voter Turnout Numbers for Ratification of New Facebook Terms (insidefacebook.com)