It seems the social networking giant rolled out a new change today that automatically changes your email address from whatever it was before to “@facebook.com.”
For your convenience, Facebook didn’t even ask you if this was OK first.
Luckily, this is pretty easy to correct. Here’s how:
- Go to your profile and click on “About,” then scroll down to your email address. Click “Edit” to change them.
- Click on the little circle icon next to your Facebook email address and change its setting to “Hidden From Timeline.”
- Click on the circle next to your other email addresses and change those settings to “Shown On Timeline.”
- Click the “Save” button at the bottom (very important!).
Presto! Now you’re back in business.
There’s no word from Facebook yet as to why they did this, but at least now you can fix it.
- Facebook Just Changed Your Email Without Asking – Here’s How to Fix It (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Facebook Changed Everyone’s Email to @Facebook.com; Here’s How to Fix It [Facebook] (lifehacker.com)
- Facebook MITMed My Email (gerv.net)