More mass animal deaths occurring tonight as thousands of turtle doves have fallen dead from the sky in Italy.
Doves have been found scattered in the streets, lying dead in flower beds, and hanging from trees “like Christmas balls” in the town of Faenza. What makes this instance at least slightly different from others that have been taking place around the world is that many of these doves seemed to have a mysterious blue stain surrounding their beaks.
In the past week, similar instances of mass animal deaths have been reported around the globe. We’ve seen reports of dead birds in Arkansas on New Year’s Eve, and similar reports soon came in from Louisiana and Kentucky.
One hundred thousand dead fish soon washed ashore in Arkansas followed by some two million dead fish in Maryland’s Chesapeake Bay. There are also now reports that 40,000 dead crabs have washed up on the beaches in England.
GeaPress is reporting that those blue stains found on the beaks of the dead and dying birds in Italy could be due to potassium cyanide poisoning or possibly even hypoxia. There are plenty of conspiracy theories flying around, but it’s clear at this point that no one knows for sure what is causing these deaths.
More in the photos and video below.
- Thousands of Dead Birds Fall from the Sky in Arkansas (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Two Million Fish Found Dead In Maryland (news.sky.com)
- Thousands Of Birds Found Dead In Italy (huffingtonpost.com)
- Mass animal deaths… what’s going on? (gadling.com)
- Blue tint in mouths could be from potassium cyanide,a deadly poison used,to kill 1000s of doves in Italy? #tcot (littlebytesnews.blogspot.com)