It looks like soccer star David Beckham is sporting some new ink, and he’s showing it off to the world. Now that he’s back in camp with the L.A. Galaxy, Beckham posted a photo of his new tattoo on Facebook.
The tattoo is located on his chest and shows Jesus being helped out of his tomb by three cherubs. He says the cherubs represent his three sons (Brooklyn, Romeo, and Cruz), while Jesus represents him. Okaaaay.
On his Facebook page, he explains:
“Obviously, the cherubs are boys, so my thought of it is, you know, at some point, my boys are going to need to look after me, and that’s what they’re doing in the picture. Everything has a meaning that I’ve got on me.”
The tattoo was done by Mark Mahoney in L.A. Beckham says:
“It was an 8-hour session which we went all the way through until about 3 o’clock in the morning. And then a few weeks later I went back in and…I did another 4 hours. It’s amazing. It really is amazing.”
What do YOU think of the new tattoo? Is it hip and artsy or is Jesus as David Beckham a bit over the top?
- Watch: David Beckham Talks About His Newest Tattoo (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- David Beckham Reveals His Newest Tattoo (socialitelife.com)
- Is David Beckham comparing himself to Jesus? (hollywoodnews.com)
- David Beckham: Beckham Returns to LA Galaxy Sporting New Jesus Tattoo (bleacherreport.com)
- David Beckham: My Jesus Tattoo Represents Me (justjared.buzznet.com)