Brett Favre appeared on The Tonight Show last night, sitting down to talk with host Jay Leno.
Favre, 40, hesitated a bit when Leno presented him with a gold retirement watch, although he was happy snatch up the timepiece.
Favre then said, “Well Jay, it’s only been a month, and I know now that I’m just not going to say anything anytime soon, just going to kind of sit back, relax, enjoy the off-season.”
Jay brought up a sore subject for the Minnesota Vikings QB. When asked if the NFC Championship game loss to the New Orleans Saints still upsets him, Favre said: “I think it will for a long time. Obviously had we gone to the Super Bowl that would have been icing on the cake, but it was still way better than even I could have dreamed of. I’ve told people I really believe my biggest accomplishment this year was winning over the majority of the Vikings fans. For so many years I was hated.”
Check out the video below for more:
Related articles by Zemanta
- Brett Favre tells Jay Leno his future in NFL still undecided (sports.espn.go.com)
- Favre says he hasn’t decided about playing again (cbssports.com)
- Favre noncomittal about 2010 on ‘Tonight Show’ (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)
- Favre On Leno: Retirement Gift Given During Tonight Show (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Vikings’ Favre still undecided about future (cbc.ca)