It’s happened. The unthinkable has happened. Just when we thought it couldn’t get any worse. Just when we had suffered through not one, but two blizzards in one week. Just when it looked like it might stop snowing and the sun might come out. It happened.
It stalled. The Great Baltimore Blizzard of 2010 Part II has stalled.
The National Weather Service has increased the predicted snowfall totals to 20 – 30 inches (up from 10 – 20). The NWS has also extended the Blizzard Warning through 10 p.m. tonight.
ATTENTION MOTHER NATURE: We Surrender! UNCLE! We give up!
It’s not just Baltimore, it’s Washington D.C., it’s Philadelphia, it’s Delaware, it’s the entire Mid-Atlantic. We’re getting absolutely pounded.
I’m beginning to wonder if it will ever stop snowing.
The city is shut down. Here in Baltimore, we’ve entered Phase 3 of the Snow Emergency Plan. If you’re not an emergency vehicle, you are not allowed to be on the roads.
Really, though, who in their right mind would be out in this? I can’t even see across the street it’s snowing so hard. The snow is almost higher than the fence around my yard.
As one of the regulars over at Foot’s Forecast has said, it is literally “puking snow.”
It’s time to pack it in, folks. Throw in the towel. Stick a fork in us.
Stay tuned to our Snowpocalypse page for the latest updates
Related articles by Zemanta
- Two Baltimore Blizzards in One Week? The #Snowpocalypse Continues (blippitt.com)
- Digging Out from the Baltimore Blizzard of 2010 #MDSnow #Snowpocalypse (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Blizzard of 2010 Over, Baltimore Snow Totals Could Break Record (blippitt.com)
- Blogging the Baltimore Blizzard of 2009 #Snowpocalypse Part 1 (blippitt.com)
- Blizzard conditions headed toward mid-Atlantic region (cnn.com)
- Snow Piles up, Paralyzing Nation’s Capital (abcnews.go.com)
- NWS New Forecast 20″ To 30″ (eyeonannapolis.net)