The battle between the internet group known only as “Anonymous” and the Westboro Baptist Church, a religious hate group, is heating up once again.
After repeatedly denying that they were the ones taking down various WBC websites, Anonymous apparently grew tired of Shirley Phelps-Roper‘s incoherent ramblings and her repeated use of the word “thug”. The group hacked into the WBC website and uploaded a message from Anonymous onto their servers in the middle of a live interview on The David Parkman Show.
The message begins with:
“This domain has been seized by Anonymous under Section #14 of the rules of the Internet”
Rule 14 is, of course, “Do not argue with trolls – it means that they win.”
So it would seem to be “game on” as far as Anonymous vs. WBC is concerned. The only question now is, how long will the WBC continue to provoke them before they realize they cannot win?
You can view the video of the live, on-air take-down by Anonymous below (skip to about the 8:00-mark if you like, but the whole video is worth watching). You can also view the full message from Anonymous that was posted to http://downloads.westborobaptistchurch.com below.
- ‘Anonymous’ Denies Calling Out Westboro Baptist Church (blippitt.com)
- Westboro Baptist Church attempts to lure Anonymous into attacking it? (boingboing.net)
- Westboro Baptist Church taunts Anonymous over supposed attack plan (go.theregister.com)
- Anonymous delivers ultimatum to Westboro Baptist Church (examiner.com)
- It’s a Hoax: Anonymous Did Not Threaten Westboro Baptist Church (pcworld.com)