Get ready for the Facebook gold rush. You can bet that there will be a virtual stampede as the doors officially open on Facebook’s vanity URL system. MySpace and Twitter have had this for a long time, but Facebook was a bit slow on the up-take. Not any more.
Here is what you need to know.
1. Facebook vanity URLs will become available at 12:01am EDT on Saturday, June 13th. Go stock up on coffee right now!
2. To claim your URL, visit facebook.com/username and you will then receive instructions.
3. Your vanity URL may only contain letters, numbers, or periods – no hyphens or underscores.
4. In order to be eligible, Fan Pages must have at least 1,000 fans and must have been created prior to May 31, 2009. With regard to profiles, any profile created after 3pm EDT on Tuesday, June 9th, 2009 will not be immediately eligible.
5. Your vanity URL is permanent! It cannot be changed or transferred, so choose wisely.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Are You Vain? Here Come Facebook Vanitry URLs (blippitt.com)
- Breaking: Facebook Username Landrush to Start June 13 at Midnight (insidefacebook.com)
- michael arrington: Prepare For The Facebook Vanity URL Landrush (techcrunch.com)
- Vanity URLs Are Not A Business, And Why Facebook Will Provide Them For Free (allfacebook.com)
- You: Would You Pay For a Facebook Vanity URL? (via Mashable!) (mashable.com)